The Hill Company’s professional team brings more than 175 years of experience to every project. Our background in designing hundreds of petroleum and chemical storage systems provides our clients the advantages of knowledge and experience.
Cost-effective recommendations are provided on the selection of pumps, dispensers, automated controls, management systems, storage tanks and leak detection – all based on state-of-the-art comprehensive and engineering practices. Each design meets governmental regulations.
The Hill Company was established in 1945 specializing in equipment sales. Through the years, we have offered quality equipment by major manufacturers to provide maximum performance backed by manufacturer warranty. Our commitment is to provide the most reliable, innovative and cost efficient equipment available.
The Hill Company’s factory-trained technicians are specialists in fuel and lubrication dispensing systems providing manufacturer authorized start-up and repair on Veeder Root electronic tank gauges/leak detection systems and Gasboy Cardtrol fuel management systems for fleets.
During an evolving era of environmental awareness and stringent governmental regulations, our company has emerged as a leader in all phases of storage tank installation, removal or upgrade projects. We offer smooth coordination of all construction disciplines, which allows our clients peace of mind.
Our company has complied with applicable governmental requirements from their inception, including (1) the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission’s (TCEQ) registration requirement for firms performing installation, repairs or removals; (2) the December 1990 requirement for individuals to be licensed installers and/or removers; and (3) the TCEQ’s required registration for firms performing services as a Leaking Petroleum Storage Tank Corrective Action Specialist.
The Hill Company’s lengthy and reputable history in petroleum storage and dispensing equipment installation provides a strong foundation for the more specialized requirements of environmental construction. Our construction and installation capability is based on solid experience and a thorough understanding of these important remediation technologies:
• Fluid dynamics and the electrical or pneumatic power for operations of pump and treat systems.
• Soil dynamics in large excavation projects for new fuel system construction and reconstruction after removal.
• Bioremediation as an environmentally safe, natural method for treating contamination – and a method in which application is as important as the process.
• Proprietary chemical remediation.
The Hill Company designs and installs corrosion protection programs for new and existing systems. Design is performed by a registered professional cathodic protection engineer and certification is by a certified cathodic protection tester.
• Establishing strong working relationships with various regulatory agencies.
• Understanding their expectations – an invaluable asset in preparing proposals for remedies to clients’ environmental problems.
• Acting as liaison between the client and the regulatory agency.
• Recognizing the options for new petroleum systems or environmental remedial actions and construction.
The Hill Company’s Environmental Services Department – a team of certified Environmental Professionals (EP) – is known for a common sense approach to environmental solutions. With more than 150 years of combined professional experience in environmental construction and remediation, this team is proficient in identifying environmental hazards, analyzing complex situations and organizing all required or regulated procedures.
• Phase I site assessment: An organized evaluation of a specific location of real property to discover and record any environmental condition. This task requires specialized training in environmental hazards recognition and reporting procedures. A historical search of various real estate information sources, such as aerial photographs, title records and geological surveys, provides usage background. Historical information combined with visual observation is used to profile the site environmentally and in making recommendations.
• Phase II site assessment: Usually an extension of preliminary results and recommendations from Phase I assessments that involves sampling suspected hazardous or toxic conditions. Sampling methodologies vary according to suspected contaminants and may be as simple as collecting exposed liquid from an open above-ground container or as complex as drilling to collect soil samples from borings for laboratory analysis.
• Phase III site assessment: Performed when Phase 11 assessment reveals hazardous toxic conditions at a site. A remedial action plan (RAP) is compiled and permits are acquired for actual cleanup or redemption activities. RAP activities vary from simple soil aeration to complex solutions requiring multiple remedial methods.
The Hill Company has developed an innovative team concept, assembling a top-notch group of companies, each of which brings a unique technology or capability for remedial design. The team concept provides a comprehensive range of services from a group of leading specialists operating in a well-orchestrated program under one manager. This relieves our customers of the time-consuming task of identifying qualified providers. The result is a wider scope of services, increased talent and experience at a competitive cost with single technology companies.
The Hill Company is a 60-year-old Fort Worth, Texas corporation. Our team of career industry
professionals — from management to field supervisors and personnel — combines more than 175 years of experience with continuing training and education to maintain a leading edge in the rapidly evolving petroleum storage system construction and environmental remediation industry.
We are a full-service company, offering system design and engineering, total system installation, equipment service and repair, and environmental construction and remediation.
Every job begins with two requirements – total quality and customer satisfaction. We provide up-to-the-minute technical and regulatory expertise to achieve the most cost-effective results.
A critical advantage is our size. Rather than a huge bureaucracy with many layers of management and personnel, The Hill Company offers a tightly-knit team of professionals to provide strategic planning. You deal with THE people who have built our reputation.
Our experience and reputation for quality, cost-effective solutions has attracted a wide range of commercial, industrial and professional clients, many of whom are repeat customers.
Suzi Hill has been a prominent figure in the specialized petroleum equipment installation industry since 1972. She joined the company as corporate secretary/comptroller, became partner and general manager in 1974 and president/CEO in 1977.
She has engineered The Hill Company's evolution from its early specialty in equipment sales and underground storage tank installation to its position as industry leader in total system design, engineering, installation and repair. As chief operating officer, she supervises overall operation of the company from bid process through project completion.
Recognized as a leader in the community as well as her industry, Suzi holds director and chairman positions on a number of professional and civic committees and associations.
Karen Lensmire, Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, oversees accounting, financial and support staff operations. As manager of two critical areas for the firm - insurance analyses and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) compliance - she is responsible for advance notification to the TCEQ for UST installations, removals, upgrades and remediation projects. She monitors TCEQ notifications with project managers and coordinates permit procedures with local authorities.
Robert Lensmire joined The Hill Company in 1991 and is employed by Hill Technology. He attended DeVry University and completed his bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Management with a 4.0 grade-point average.
He is A+ certified, a Microsoft Certified Professional, a Microsoft Certified System Engineer and a Cisco CCNA.
Hill Technology assists small businesses and non-profit organizations with computer procurement, installation, repairs, networking and equipment. Hill Technology also designs and hosts web sites.
Tommy Dillard joined The Hill Company in 1985 as an apprentice installer of underground storage tank systems. In 1988 he became a job-site supervisor/installer, consistently bringing projects to completion under budget and on schedule. Tommy was selected as one of two employees to attend cathodic protection training in 1989 and becoming certified as a cathodic protection tester.
Tommy's knowledge of all aspects of work performed by The Hill Company in the removal, installation and remediation of UST/AST projects, in addition to lubrication, vehicular lifts and related maintenance equipment, resulted in his promotion to estimator/project coordinator in 1998.
Suzi has developed and implemented a training course required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) for Underground Storage Tank A & B license 40 hour course and yearly renewal courses.
• Certified as Disadvantage Business Enterprise, North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency, No. 975
• TCEQ A & B License No. 1LP1799
• TCEQ certified to conduct continuing education courses related to UST System Installations and Removals
• TCEQ certified to conduct 40 hour initial curriculum for A & B UST license.
• OSHA 40 hour certification per CFR 1910.120
• Texas Air Control Board Stage II Vapor Recovery Workshop
• Xerxes Fiberglass Tanks Installation Training Seminar
• Ameron Fiberglass Pipe Installation Seminar
• Women’s Center of Tarrant County Board and Past Chairman
• Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
• Fort Worth Chamber Communications Committee (Chairman)
• Business Assistance Center Board of Directions and Past Chairman
• Women’s Business Center Advisory Council and Past Chairman
• The Learning Center of North Texas Board of Directors and Immediate Past Chairman
• Texas Wesleyan University Board of Trustees
• Environmental Site Assessment Phase I, Texas A&M University
• Environmental Site Assessment Phase II and III, Texas A&M University
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Training
• Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
• B.S., 1985
• University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Robert’s senior project at DeVry raised the level of success stories for colleges in the area. Attempting to assist a community organization with its computer network, Robert came across Cassata Learning Center in Fort Worth. Cassata had been saving money to install a 100-node network, servers, cabling for its entire building and was quoted $180,000.
Unfortunately, its budget was $85,000. Robert, however, assembled a team from school, and working with Microsoft, installed all the cabling, servers and 70 computers, monitors and peripherals. The project lasted more than six months and was finished after Robert had graduated.
A sampling of Hill Technology clients includes Comfort Tech, Big D Metalworks, The Learning Center of North Texas and Matrix Metals Manufacturing.
• TCEQ, UST Installer/On-Site Supervisor License A&B #000215
• Certified Cathodic Protection Tester #9740
• Enviroflex Certification #EFC-93-2468
• Xerxes Trained Tank Installation Technician
• Ameron Trained Piping Installation Technician
• Veeder Root UST Monitoring Systems Level 4 Certification for Installation/Start Up/Warranty/Service
• PEI Technical Training Seminar, Installing, Testing & Maintaining Stage I & II Vapor Recovery Systems
• Gasboy Trained Series 1000, CFN and Fleetkey Automated Fueling Systems
• OSHA 40 hour certification per CFR 1910.120
• Zenger Miller Leadership 2000: Basic Principles
"We've worked with The Hill Company since 1984 on multiple projects relating to fueling...tanks, fuel tanks, dispensers. Industrial work, too, such as power plant boilers and emergency generating systems. "The Hill Company does excellent work and the people are easy to work with; I trust them, I trust the work they do. "Our projects need very few changes once they take over. I don't feel that sense of security or get those kinds of results with other contractors we work with in the southwestern or western U.S."
"I've worked with Hill since 1999 and one of its strengths is dealing with unusual fuel situations. The biggest job we did together was installing emergency generators on the 13th floor of a downtown Fort Worth high-rise building. There are not many companies that could handle that...or even attempt it. "When you combine price and quality of work, Hill is at the head of the line."
"Hill has installed approximately 35 underground storage tanks and made repairs to Gasboy and Veeder Root systems for us since 1992. "I like working with Hill because they respond quickly, they're reasonable on cost, easy to work with and ALWAYS do a good job. "I don't have to check up on them. We've been getting quality work since '92."
Suzi Hill – President
Karen Lensmire – Vice President
Robert Lensmire – Secretary/Treasurer
Tommy Dillard – Sales/Estimating
Dugan Finnell – Sales/Estimating
The Hill Company
1920 E. Lancaster, Building C
Fort Worth, Tx. 76103